Valley Waste Service, Inc. is seeking a residential collections clerk to work past due accounts with the goal of collecting monies due in a timely manner.
- Work effectively with customers to collect or work out solutions on all past due accounts.
- Determine when to proceed with legal action and represent the company in court.
- Skip trace and research public records.
- Keep accurate records of customer interactions.
- Prevent losses by evaluating potential customer credit reports.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Interact with operations and administrative staff as needed.
- High school diploma or 1-2 years relevant work experience.
- Credit and collection experience is a plus.
- Ability to follow predetermined collections procedures.
- Knowledge of the Fair Debt Law is a plus.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Working knowledge of the waste industry is a plus.
- The job is normally performed indoors. The ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally, is required.
- While heavy lifting is not required, the ability to occasionally exert 10-20 lbs. of force is required.
- Good manual dexterity is required to use common office equipment in an office environment.
Collections, Fair Debt Law, Legal, Court, Administrative, Credit